Mustard Grilled Italian Sausage SandwichesFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings shopping list
- 1 medium red cooking apple, very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1tablespoon olive shopping list
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard or brown mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 6 fresh pork italian sausage links (about 1 1/2 lb) ,or 6 bratwurst shopping list
- 6 bratwurst buns, split shopping list
How to make it
- In mediun bowl toss together onion, apple, and olive oil.
- Fold in half a 36 x 18-inch piece heavy-duty foil to make 18 inch square.
- Place onion mixture on foil. Fold edges together; crimp to seal, leaving room for expansion.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill tomedium direct heat.
- In a small bowl stir together mustard and oregano.
- Prick sausages in several places with fork.
- Place foil packet containing onion mixture on grill; grill 25 minutes. Add sausages to grill rack during last 16 to 18 minutes of grilling time.
- Grill sausages until no longer pink, turning occasionally and brushing with mustard mixture.
- Serve sausages in buns. Top each with some of the onion mixture.