Chicken and DumplingsFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- margarine - 1 stick shopping list
- milk - 2 cups shopping list
- chicken broth (boxed kind) - 2 cups shopping list
- cream of chicken soup - 1 family size can shopping list
- Mary B's Open Kettle Dumplings - 2 packs shopping list
- rolled Dough pie crust - 1 shopping list
- chicken breast - 2- 4 (personal preference on amount of meat) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken breast until tender.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, broth, and cream of chicken soup together.
- Take chicken out of pot and cook dumplings according to package in the same water.
- Melt margarine in bowl that you are cooking the chicken and dumplings in.
- Cut the chicken in pieces or shred it and place half of the amount on top of the melted margarine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the dumplings on top of the chicken.
- Pour half of the milk, broth, and cream of chicken soup mixture on top of the dumplings.
- Repeat the steps of chicken, dumplings, and liquid mixture with the remaining halves.
- Place the pie crust on top of this and cook 350 degrees until crust is browned. It usually take 30 to 45 minutes.
- *Recipe can be halved*