Chicken Cordon Bleu SoupFrom julesong 7 years ago
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, in small cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk (or 1 cup half and half and 1 cup water) shopping list
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried french tarragon leaves, pieces shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced shopping list
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder shopping list
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or smoked ham shopping list
- salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper or tricolor pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced basil shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté the chicken breasts in the olive oil until browned, about 7 to 9 minutes; remove from skillet, drain of excess oil, and set aside, keeping warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the milk and chicken broth over medium temperature.
- Add the tarragon (crushing it a bit in your hand, first), garlic, scallion, white pepper, and curry powder, and bring to a light simmer.
- Add 3/4th of the Swiss cheese gradually (reserving the remaining 1/4 for garnish), stirring constantly, until well-incorporated.
- Gradually add the white wine, then the sour cream.
- Using an immersion blender, whir the soup until all ingredients are smoothly incorporated (soup may have a tendency to separate before this point); alternately, you can pour it all into the blender or food processor.
- Put the soup back in the saucepan if you removed it, then add the ham, and the cooked chicken breast; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved grated Swiss cheese and basil and serve immediately.
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
This "5"FORK!!!!! Soup has 'my name' written
all over it! such beautiful flavor combinations~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Julie..I just came across this recipe, and it is
WONDERFUL..so comforting 5 forks me friend! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it