Chicken Cordon Bleu SoupFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, in small cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk (or 1 cup half and half and 1 cup water) shopping list
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried french tarragon leaves, pieces shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced shopping list
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder shopping list
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or smoked ham shopping list
- salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper or tricolor pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced basil shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté the chicken breasts in the olive oil until browned, about 7 to 9 minutes; remove from skillet, drain of excess oil, and set aside, keeping warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the milk and chicken broth over medium temperature.
- Add the tarragon (crushing it a bit in your hand, first), garlic, scallion, white pepper, and curry powder, and bring to a light simmer.
- Add 3/4th of the Swiss cheese gradually (reserving the remaining 1/4 for garnish), stirring constantly, until well-incorporated.
- Gradually add the white wine, then the sour cream.
- Using an immersion blender, whir the soup until all ingredients are smoothly incorporated (soup may have a tendency to separate before this point); alternately, you can pour it all into the blender or food processor.
- Put the soup back in the saucepan if you removed it, then add the ham, and the cooked chicken breast; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved grated Swiss cheese and basil and serve immediately.
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
Julie..I just came across this recipe, and it is
WONDERFUL..so comforting 5 forks me friend! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
This "5"FORK!!!!! Soup has 'my name' written
all over it! such beautiful flavor combinations~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it