Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn On The CobFrom julesong 7 years ago
How to make it
- Carefully expose the corn kernels by pulling back the husk, but do NOT remove the husk.
- Remove the corn silk (you can use a soft brush to ensure that all the silk is removed).
- Put water in a large container, add the corn, and soak the corn in the husks for 30 minutes – this will help prevent the husks from charring on the grill.
- Preheat your grill to medium temperature.
- Remove the soaked corn from the water and pat dry.
- Wrap strips of bacon around the corn kernels on each ear, then fold the husks back over the bacon and kernels.
- Tie the husks down with butcher string; repeat with all ears of corn.
- Grill over medium coals/heat, turning occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes and the bacon is cooked and the corn is tender.
- Cut the butcher string away from the husks and serve.
- Note: you can make these earlier in the day if you store them in a container in the fridge, wrapped in moistened towels.
- Note #2: I've done them ahead of time for camping, frozen them, then put them in the cooler frozer to help keep things cold in there. Take them out for cooking when thawed (or to thaw them), and put them in the coals for reheating. Wonderful! Also good with a little seasoned salt sprinkled on before wrapping - either Lowry's, Johnny's, or for a change of pace either Southwest Seasoning (http://www.recipezaar.com/253112) or Curry Powder (http://www.recipezaar.com/104344).
- Note #3: I've also found that I like to pre-cook the bacon a little so that it's partially cooked, drizzled the small amount of fat mixed with a bit of oil or butter over the cobs, wrapped the bacon around, then gone on with the steps. Otherwise the bacon doesn't cook completely on the cob and is generally tossed away uneaten.
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
This sounds great! Can't wait to try it!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
corn and bacon....mmmmmkathye in loved it
Had to get the recipe, forgot to bookmark it. It is going to a tailgating party with me tomorrow. Never heard of this before and I love Paula!
putercop in Kerhonkson loved it