White Bean Zucchini Basil SaladFrom mellian 9 years ago
- 2 zucchini, small to medium shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans shopping list
- 1/2 large red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Rinse beans in colander and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Dice zucchini and onion, place in bowl with beans.
- 3. Seed the tomatoes, dice and add to beans and veggies.
- 4. Finely chop basil and add to other ingredients.
- 5. Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard salt and pepper. You can also blend in a food processor or mix with a hand-held blender.
- 6. Pour dressing over the other ingredients and mix gently.
- 7. Serve or refrigerate until serving time.
- by RubySue
- Mel's notes: 8/24/06 This is wonderful! I dusted the finished salad with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Also squeezed a lemon half over it, too. I think it would make a wonderful pasta salad, too, to give it more substance.
The Cookmellian Deltona, FL
The Rating4 people
This sounds absolutely delicious. I love all the ingredients and we grow our own Basil. The interesting thing is, you seed your tomatoes for this. I always seed our tomatoes and my mother did as well. Thank you for this recipe ;-)lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!