Escargot a La Bourguignonne Recipe - 13 Coins SeattleFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 shallots, minced well shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced well, to taste (I prefer extra garlic) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brandy shopping list
- 32 small canned French snails shopping list
- 32 small snail shells shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, parsley, shallots, garlic, and brandy in a bowl and blend well.
- Place a snail in each shell and fill the cavity with the seasoned butter. (If you do not have shells, you can use escargot baking dishes - this is actually how I prefer to make them. Most of such dishes hold 6 escargot apiece.).
- Place on a baking pan and bake for twelve minutes.
- Serve hot, as an appetizer, on individual snail dishes - or on small folded napkins on plates, to keep the shells from sliding about. Also, small silver forks to easily eat them with are a good idea.
- Make sure to have plenty of good bread alongside, to mop up the delicious butter sauce! :).
- Also good with a bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top of each.
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
Oh, you hit my weak spot! My husband and I would have escargot a lot when we first met. The restaurant that served them similar to this changed owners and they weren't the same. I will have to try to make these myself. Thanks for reminding me of ...moremamalou in Attleboro loved it
Simple and satisfying the way escargot should be!chef_jacob in Truckee loved it