Cornmeal Sugar CookiesFrom akarlin 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (~ 3.3 oz) shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal (~ 1.2 oz) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (~ 2 oz) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, and salt.
- Blend butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, and zest in a food processor until creamy, about 30 seconds. Scrape down side of bowl, then add all of the flour mixture and pulse until dough just begins to come together.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Using an small ice cream scoop (one that holds about 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon), arrange cookies on baking sheet, about two inches apart. Using the bottom of a drinking glass or the palm of your hand, flatten cookies to about 1/3 inch thick. Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.
- Bake until undersides are pale golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
The Cookakarlin Washington, DC
The Rating3 people
This recipe sounds great! I'll just have to try them someday soon! Thank you for posting this for all of us!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I finally got around to making your recipe. I have to tell you that the cookies were just wonderful! I doubled the recipe and there isn't one cookie left! They were just THAT GOOD!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!