Chocolate Mint CandyFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- 10 squares of semi-sweet chocolate baking bar (1oz each) shopping list
- 1 can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 Tsp of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 package of White baking chocolate 170 grams shopping list
- 1 TB peppermint extract shopping list
- 4-6 drops of green food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips with one cup of the Eagle Brand milk in the microwave for one minute, stir to blend.
- Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla extract
- Spread half of the mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8 inch square pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm for 10 minutes.
- Keep the remaining semi-sweet chocolate at room temperature!
- Melt the white chocolate in remaining Eagle Brand in microwave for one minute. Stir to blend.
- Stir in Peppermint extract and food coloring. You can add more color if you want a deeper green color. The color is up to you!
- Spread over the chilled semi-sweet chocolate layer.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Spread the reserved semi-sweet chocolate over the mint layer.
- Chill again but for 2 full hours or until solid to the touch.
- Lift from pan and peel off paper.
- Cut into squares and serve!
- *The picture comes from eaglebrand.com.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating6 people
I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR CANDY RECIPES.THIS ONE CAUGHT MY EYE..allarasmamaw in Logan loved it
This is very good! So smooth and creamy. I doubled it and used a 9x13. Next time I will make this version and I'm going to experiment a little and try an orange version! Very good recipe.michelle73 in Melville loved it
OMG-I think I have died and gone to heaven.These look incredible.Definitely gets my 5.Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend!
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it