SpaetzleFrom recipediva 6 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Add milk and water.
- Place flour and salt into a bowl.
- Gradually add egg mixture. I make a well in the flour and mix it in.
- "Grate" dough over boiling salt water. Or
- "Press" through a colander or press into salted boiling water. OR
- "Drop" by teaspoonfuls into boiling salt water or soup. Or
- "Cut" dough off the cutting board directly into boiling water or soup.
- Cook and strain. Cooks for about 6 minutes.
- I cook it all until I use all the dough.
- Be sure you have a good size pot of water with salt.
- Spaetzle can be eaten anyway. Including tomato sauce and melted cheese, or just with melted cheese on top or cheese sauce. These are not traditional for those Germans like my mom,lol but these are great anyway! Like a lite tiny pasta.
- Serve this with anything. You can add herbs to batter.
- We even eat this with butter and jelly.
- These are so light and fluffy. Enjoy!