Blueberry Hearted Ginger Spelt MuffinsFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
- 2 cups whole spelt or wheat flour (it is OK if you use all-purpose) shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp allspice shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (can be omited) shopping list
- 3/4 cup skimmed white yogurt or sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk (skim is OK) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp vegetal oil OR applesauce shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (do not thaw) blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease muffin pans or use paper liners (you will get about 20 regular size muffins)
- In a large bowl combine flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix egg whites and sugar or Splenda on high until light and fluffy. Beat in honey or maple syrup, yogurt or sour cream, milk, oil or applesauce and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and carefully fold in just until combined, with no flour remaining.
- Divide batter in two and spoon HALF of the batter into muffin cups. Arrange blueberries on top and finish filling muffin cups with the rest of the batter. You can now spoon ¼ tsp brown sugar on top of each muffin if you like them sweeter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- You can glaze muffins if you like.
- Let rest on pan for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and store in an airtight container if not eating on the first day.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating3 people
Thank you !!!!!lolcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
Mmmm these sound awesome, cant wait to try, love spelt and ginger! I should take these to my acupuncturist next time I go...jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Thank you... Very, Very yummy. I just cooked up a 6 batch so i halved everything. Delicious from my mouth and the mouths of my family. My dads away and its pretty hard to keep that last one for him, we all have our eyes on it :P
Thanks again.rookie in Melbourne loved it