Green Vegetable Soup with Miso BrothFrom maggiehc 6 years ago
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 6 large dried mushrooms, shitakes preferred shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced 1/2” thick shopping list
- 8 cups cool water shopping list
- 3 Tbsp miso paste, white is what I use shopping list
- 1 tsp soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos shopping list
- 4 scallions, sliced ¼” thick shopping list
- 3 cups baby spinach shopping list
How to make it
- Pour enough boiling water to cover mushrooms. Set aside for at least 5 minutes. (You may need to place a second bowl or plate over mushrooms to keep them submerged.)
- Add oil and celery to a large soup pot. Soften celery over medium heat until translucent, 1-2 minutes.
- With the heat on low, add in the zucchini.
- Drain mushrooms and slice into 1/2” pieces or chop into quarters, Add to pot. Keep the mushroom liquid but set it aside to let any grit fall to the bottom of the bowl/cup.
- Mix miso paste with 1 cup of the water until thin. Add miso water, the rest of the water, the soy sauce and the mushroom water (minus the grit) to the pot.
- Bring everything to a boil and then turn down to medium-low.
- Cook on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Add in spinach and scallions. Add more soy sauce to taste.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach wilts but remains green.
- Serve hot.