Crabmeat Stuffed TroutFrom keetlov 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat shopping list
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 2 lbs. fresh trout, cleaned and deboned shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges shopping list
- 4 sprigs parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté celery and onions about 5 minutes or until celery is soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in crabmeat and breadcrumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Using a spoon, fill each trout with mixture so that both sides of the trout almost come together.
- Place on a buttered cookie sheet. Dot top of each trout with remaining butter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley