Whole Wheat Banana BreadFrom countrygoalie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the bananas together with the lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, then stir in the sugar.
- Add the banana mix to the butter and sugar.
- In a different bowl, stir together your dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mix, slowly stirring it bit by bit until you have added all of the dry ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. I personally was surprised by how stiff it was and would have thought it needed more liquid, were it not for her notation that it would, indeed, be stiff. Imagine that: she was correct.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for thirty to forty-five minutes. Mine took approximately forty, but I think it will vary by oven (and how often you pull the door open to check on its progress, for that matter).