Cuban Black BeansFrom judyjii 6 years ago
- 3 15oz cans of Organic no-salt black beans *do not drain liquid!! shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
- Chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add beans (with liquid) and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until beans are tender, about 20mins.
- Remove 1cup of beans and blend, then return to pot.
- Stir and simmer until beans have thickend.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over hot cooked rice; sprinkle with chopped green onions.
The Cookjudyjii Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!