Cranberry Pecan PieFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 6 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot water shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup corn syrup shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- whipped topping for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter milk until smooth.
- Gradually add water, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Wrap pastry in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate, flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake 35-40 minutes longer until filling is almost set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Serve with whipped topping.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating3 people
This sounds interesting...I love a good pecan pie.debwin in Toronto loved it
It DOES sound interesting. I like pecan pie, and if you've seen my page, you know I LOVE cranberries. What a delicious combo!fizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
I made this for Thanksgiving as one of the desserts and it was very well received. My sisters loved it especially. The tart cranberries really balanced out the sweet filling. I really liked the crust. It was beautiful, buttery, tender, and flaky....morefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!