Cream Of Turkey Or Chicken SoupFrom debbie919 9 years ago
- 1 turkey or large chicken carcass (like an oven stuffer roaster) shopping list
- 4 qts. water shopping list
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced, parboiled shopping list
- 2 small onions, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 large stalks celery, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice shopping list
How to make it
- Boil carcass in 4 qts. water for 1 hour.
- Remove carcass from broth, and reserve 3 qts. of broth for soup.
- Take meat off the bones and reserve.
- Melt butter in your soup pot, add onion and celery, cook until veggies are tender.
- Add flour to butter and veggies; blend well, then add 1 qt. reserved stock and cook until thick.
- Add remainder of stock, the parboiled carrots, half and half, meat, and rice.
- Simmer for 30 to 35 min. until rice is soft.
- The original recipe called for the carrots to be sauteed with other veggies, but they weren't soft enough for me.
- Also, it called for 1 c. regular rice, but I found it wanted to stick to the bottom of the pot. The instant works perfectly.
- I add extra meat to mine as well, to equal about 2 1/2 cups.
The Cookdebbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
The Rating5 people
Thanks for the post. I will be printing and adding this recipe to my group recipe cookbook that I keep on my counter. befor long I am going to need another binder. Thanks Suesuecake in loved it
GREAT one for FFF group, Thanks so much Debbie
and 55555!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
I have made this twice and it was very good, I will be making it again. It is a keeper.
High Five 55555
Take care, Merry Christmas
Love and Laughter Suesuecake in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!