Roast Chook and Chicken with Rosemary StuffingFrom stonesoup 8 years ago
- 4T oil shopping list
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 brown onion, chopped shopping list
- 2.5lbs organic chicken shopping list
- 7oz chicken livers, soaked in milk for 10-20 mins shopping list
- 3.5oz unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 sprigs thyme shopping list
- 1/2C macadamias, roasted shopping list
- 5 slices ciabatta, toasted and rubbed with 1/2 clove garlic, torn shopping list
- large handful rosemary sprigs, optional shopping list
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked shopping list
- lemon wedges to serve shopping list
- baby cos lettuce, washed to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- For the stuffing: heat 2tablespoons oil in a frying pan and cook onion over a medium-low heat. Stir this occasionally until onion has softened.
- Add garlic and rosemary leaves and cook for another couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 2tablespoons oil and half the butter in the frying pan over medium heat. Drain chicken livers from milk and pan fry for approx 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer livers and cooking juices to a plate to cool. Season with salt and pepper and roughly chop.
- Add in livers and their juices to the onion mixture along with thyme, torn ciabatta, macadamias, and parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Fill chicken cavity with the stuffing. Carefully separate the breast skin from the meat and slip remaining butter in between the skin and breast meat (very key). Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place extra rosemary sprigs in a baking pan and place chicken on top breast side up. Put into the oven and turn the temp down to 400F. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Remove from the heat and turn breast side down. Cover with foil and rest for at least 15 minutes (to let the juices absorb into meat).
- To serve, take a lettuce leaf and fill with some chicken, stuffing, and roast corn sauce. Drizzle with lemon juice and enjoy with a crisp glass of riesling.
The Cookstonesoup Syndey, AU
The Rating9 people
OMG, I am a chicken freak and this sounds and looks divine.dariana in loved it
Yeah, this is one gorgeous bird!kristopher in San Francisco loved it
This recipe sounds delicious to me.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!