Twice Baked PotatoesFrom jesuslincoln 7 years ago
- 6 medium baking potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chives or green onion tops shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400F
- Scrub potatoes, prick several times with a fork
- Place in oven bake 50-60 minutes until potatoes feel soft when squeezed.
- Remove and cool 15 minutes
- Half Potatoes length wise ( carefully),
- Using a small spoon scoop out pulp into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Save the best 8 shells.
- Freeze the remaining shells for French fries or stuffed potato skins Simmer milk and butter until butter melts.
- Pour over potato pulp and mash or beat until almost smooth.
- Add egg, half of cheese and spices.
- Mash until almost smooth.
- Fill shells using about 1/3 cup mixture per shell.
- Sprinkle with green onions, cheese and a little paprika.
- Reduce oven heat to 350F Place shells on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until puffed and brown
The Cookjesuslincoln El Dorado, AR
The Rating2 people
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I made them last nite --Delicious. I added some chopped bacon also spread some cheddar chees on top before baking. I like serving these but never added the egg before--a nice change.barbiedoll in West Seneca loved it