Savory Bread Pudding with Wild Mushrooms and FetaFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 3 cups stale firm textured multigrain bread torn into 1-1/2" cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced wild mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup sliced Canadian bacon finely chopped shopping list
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter a square baking dish.
- In a large bowl beat half and half, milk, eggs, salt and pepper together until smooth.
- Add bread and let stand 15 minutes to absorb liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme then sauté for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Combine mushroom mixture, Canadian bacon, feta and tarragon with the bread.
- Gently turn until just blended then scrape into baking dish and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese and return to oven and bake 15 minutes more.
- Remove and let stand for a few minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
This recipe was awesome, exactly what I was looking for. I didn't have canadian bacon but cooked up some pancetta which worked great. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks!jvcnashville in Nashville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!