CalzoneFrom flavorsofitaly 9 years ago
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing shopping list
- 1 quantity pizza dough (see recipe below) shopping list
- all-purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
- 2 oz. diced mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cotto salami, diced shopping list
- 3 Tbl Proscuitto, diced shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 Tbl Ricotta chesses, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush a cookie sheet with oil. Knead the dough for 1 minute.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board into 2 rounds.
- Combine the mozzarella, salami, ham, and egg, then season with saland pepper to taste, and add the ricotta.
- Sprinkle the mixture on one side of each dough round and fold the round in half.
- Crimp edges to seal. Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- **Pizza Dough
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 oz fresh yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Sift the flour and salt into a mound on a counter and make a well in the center. Mash the yeast in the water with a fork until very smooth and pour into the well. Incorporate the flour with your fingers to make a soft dough. Knead well, pulling and stretching until it becomes smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball, cut a cross in the top, place in a bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 3 hours, or until double in size. Follow above directions for Calzone.