Sticky Date PuddingFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 3 cups dates chopped shopping list
- 3 oz butter shopping list
- ¾ cup brown sugar, shopping list
- firmly packed shopping list
- ¾ cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown shopping list
- malt vinegar shopping list
- 2 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy shopping list
- 2 cups plain flour shopping list
- ½ cup self rising flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Grease pudding steamer (8 cup capacity).
- Combine dates, butter, sugar and water in pan, stir over heat without boiling until butter is melted and sugar dissolved; bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar; cool to room temp.
- Stir eggs and brandy into date mixture, then stir in sifted dry ingredients and milk in two batches.
- Spoon mixture into prepared steamer,
- cover steamer with greased foil, secure with string or lid.
- Place steamer in large pan with enough boiling water to come halfway up side of steamer; boil covered about 2½ hours.
- Replenish water when necessary.
- Serve pudding warm with (perhaps brandied) cream.