Moist Fig CakeFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 4 ounces butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup fig preserves shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- caramel GLAZE shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt or tube cake pan or spray with baking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl; add butter and oil and beat well.
- Add eggs and beat until well blended. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in preserves and chopped pecans. Pour into the prepared baking pan; bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- CARAMEL GLAZE
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Stir in sugars. Cook the butter and sugar mixture, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbly. Stir in the heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This sounds so so awesome!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
what an unusual cake never thought you could use figs, well there you go!!hey ?
have a blessed day,my friend
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
HIGH 5 and this recipe deserves more than that. I haven't enjoyed a cake similar to this in years and you have brought back some great memories.pippy in loved it