Carrot Cake For People Who Hate Carrot CakeFrom cakelady 8 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grated carrots shopping list
- 1 cup unsifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground or grated coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Wisk dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine sugar and oil. Add eggs. Mix well. Add grated carrots. Scrape bowl and mix well agian.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and slowly mix until combined. Add ground coconut. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x9 square cake pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 - 30 minutes until the cake tests done (about 155 degrees in the middle). When cool, spread with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
- If you want to add 1/4 cup ground raisins and 1/4 cup ground walnuts, you can. Add these in with the coconut.
- Try to use real cinnamon. That stuff you buy at the store isn't usually real cinnamon. It should say cinnamomus cassia on the container. If it says something else, it is a cinnamon imposter. It tastes ok, but the real stuff tastes sooooooo much better!
The Cookcakelady Murray, UT
The Rating14 people
awesome recipe with few ingredients and yet sounding so YUMMY
thanks enjoy your day
mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I love Carrot cake this is a great one
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sounds FANTASTIC to me ...will give it a shot .chispirit in Chesapeake loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!