Low-fat Lemon Poppy Seed CakeFrom inmaculada 6 years ago
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick ) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 large egg, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole spelt flour) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds shopping list
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a cake pan, if using non-stick pan just grease. Set aside.**
- Beat sugar, butter, applesauce, egg and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, poppy seeds, lemon peel, baking powder and salt; beat about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Gently loosen cake from pan with knife and turn out onto wire rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- ** You can easily turn this cake recipe into muffins, just grease muffin pan, fill 3/4 capacity and adjust baking time (they should bake in 10-12 minutes, depending on the oven).
- ** I have used non-stick miniature cake pans and baked for 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating1 people
Love poppy seed anything and this was delicioso, Inmaculada. Thank you!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it