MoussakasFrom ivy 7 years ago
- • 5 – 6 medium eggplants* courgettes, (optional) shopping list
- • 5 – 6 potatoes shopping list
- • 500 gr. ground pork or beef shopping list
- • 1 medium size onion shopping list
- • Chopped parsley shopping list
- • salt, pepper, cinnamon, shopping list
- • 3 fresh tomatoes peeled and blended or 1 tin tomatoes 400gr. shopping list
- • olive oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Peel eggplants leaving some stripes on and cut into three slices, leave in a bowl with water and salt for about 1 hour. Peel and cut the potatoes in 1 cm. thick slices. If fried at a later stage leave in water.
- In a frying pan sauté the ground meet with the finely chopped onion, add tomatoes, parsley, cinnamon, salt and pepper and about ½ glass of water. Cook until sauce is evaporated. Remove from stove.
- Meantime, rinse the potatoes and start frying in olive oil until having a light golden colour on both sides, then continue with the eggplants. When removing from pan place in a strainer or place on absorbent kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- .Place in an oven pan about 27 X 35 X 5 cm, sprinkle with dried bread crumbs and put a layer of potatoes. Cover the in between gaps with the eggplants. Salt and pepper. Place the minced meat on top and cover with another layer of potatoes and eggplants.
- Cover with béchamel sauce (see recipe) sprinkle dried myzithra cheese on top and cinnamon.
- Pre-heat oven at 180o C or 355o F and bake in oven until a nice golden colour is achieved.
- * If you like you can also add sliced courgettes, just follow the same instructions as with potatoes and eggplants.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
- Not added to any groups yet!