Grandma Janes Buttery Cinnamon Rolls Made With A Cake MixFrom blueyegrl814 9 years ago
- Rolls: shopping list
- 1 package of a yellow cake mix (no pudding in the mix) shopping list
- 5 C. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 1/2 C. hot water shopping list
- Grated orange peel to taste *optional but recommended shopping list
- butter softened about 2 sticks shopping list
- ground cinnamon to taste shopping list
- Granulated sugar about ½ C. shopping list
- brown sugar about 1 C. shopping list
- **The secret to a GREAT tasting cinnamon roll is to not skimp on the butter or cinnamon!** shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cake mix, flour and yeast in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Stir in hot water. Mix well with an electric mixer. You may need to add more flour to the dough if sticky. Add flour a little at a time to for better dough consistency. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk. (About 1 hour)
- Cut dough in half. (Each half of dough should weigh about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 lbs) Roll first half of dough into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with softened butter on entire dough. Grate orange peel about 1-2 t. and put on top of butter. Put both the brown sugar and granulated sugar on top of butter. Then cover entire roll with cinnamon on top of sugars. (I like a lot of cinnamon….)
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion, try to roll tight and cut into 12 slices (2”). Place rolls in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Repeat with the second have of dough. Let rise in pans until doubled. (About 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In saucepan combine 1/2 C. butter
- 1/4 C. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C. light corn syrup
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 C.of chopped pecan or walnuts
- Heat all ingredients together until butter and sugar is melted. Then pour evenly over rolls.
- **I double the topping recipe for my family's tastes. just depending on your tastes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Makes 24 rolls. ENJOY!!
- My kids love icing, so when rolls are cool, I put on top a powdered sugar icing which is powdered sugar, vanilla and a little milk (all to taste) mix until drizzle consistency. This is your option. What’s a little more calories at this point!!
The Cookblueyegrl814 Uniontown, OH
The Rating4 people
wonderful post, great secret, love this.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
wow super love cinnamon rolls thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
oh man! wonderful recipe - I bet they smell fabulous!jett2whit in Union City loved it