Crumb Topped PotatoesFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled an cut into chuncks shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogrut shopping list
- 1/ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- --------For the topping-------- shopping list
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan,combine potatoes and garlic; add enough cold water to cover. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.F
- To prepare topping, in a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, butter, and chives.
- Drain potatoes and garlic; return them to pan. Using a potato masher or ricer, mash potato mixture until smooth. Stir in yogurt, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into potato mixture. Spread potato mixture in prepared dish. Sprinkle with topping. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating1 people
This sounds wonderful. Thamks!jojo1952 in Glendale loved it