Oh so Sloppy JoeFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 1 pound beef (brown and drained) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon margarine (I use butter) shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 3/4 catsup shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspooon worchershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey (or more if this is still to sour) shopping list
- SERVE IT ON hamburger rolls. YOU CAN USE ANY rolls YOU WISH. I AM USE TO THE CRUSTY Italian rolls HERE IN PHILLY, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS I LOVE THE REGULAR SOFT hamburger rolls. I GO FOR THE MUSH! shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat and drain. melt butter and saute onion untill transparent. then add the garlic saute a little, add rest. add the meat until hot.
- If mixture is still to sour make a mixture of water wtih a bit of baking soda (very little of each) add to above. this will foam look like mollasses. it takes the acid out.
- Original recipe calls for 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/2 smoke I dont add either. There is plenty of vinegar in the catsup.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Its a good Sloppy Joe! I don't like vinegar in meat dishes so I really liked this one. The other ingredients took away the ketchup taste. Delicious! A bit more in IMI. 5/25/15
morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
This sounds good too. Gonna make it tomorrow night. I'll prolly add the smoke to it, too. I'm with modmom I love it.
2 out of 3 of my kids love sloppy joes but that's out of the can. Maybe I can get 3 out of 3 with this.
:)~~...moremrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
oh diva these were awesome!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!