Oh so Sloppy JoeFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- 1 pound beef (brown and drained) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon margarine (I use butter) shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 3/4 catsup shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspooon worchershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey (or more if this is still to sour) shopping list
- SERVE IT ON hamburger rolls. YOU CAN USE ANY rolls YOU WISH. I AM USE TO THE CRUSTY Italian rolls HERE IN PHILLY, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS I LOVE THE REGULAR SOFT hamburger rolls. I GO FOR THE MUSH! shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat and drain. melt butter and saute onion untill transparent. then add the garlic saute a little, add rest. add the meat until hot.
- If mixture is still to sour make a mixture of water wtih a bit of baking soda (very little of each) add to above. this will foam look like mollasses. it takes the acid out.
- Original recipe calls for 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/2 smoke I dont add either. There is plenty of vinegar in the catsup.
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
The Rating2 people
This sounds good too. Gonna make it tomorrow night. I'll prolly add the smoke to it, too. I'm with modmom I love it.
2 out of 3 of my kids love sloppy joes but that's out of the can. Maybe I can get 3 out of 3 with this.
:)~~...moremrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
oh diva these were awesome!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Oh this is a good one, my niece makes this one, soooo good!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!