Breakfast BurritoFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies shopping list
- 10 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk or cream shopping list
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- About 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 6 flour tortillas (10 in.) shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cheddar - jack cheese - divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir sausage, onion, and chilies until meat is crumbled and browned, about 15 minutes. Drain off and discard fat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs to blend with 1/3 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour eggs into meat mixture in frying pan; with a wide spatula, stir over medium-high heat, scraping pan bottom often, until eggs are set to your taste, about 3 minutes for creamy eggs - 5 for firm.
- Lay flour tortillas flat on a counter. Spoon an equal portion of the meat and egg mixture in a band down the center of each tortilla to within 1 inch of opposite edges. Sprinkle mixture evenly with 2 cups of cheese and roll burritos up snugly. Set burritos slightly apart, seams down, in a 10- by 15-inch pan; seal pan with foil. If making up to 1 day ahead, chill.
- Bake in a 200° oven until cheese is melted - 15 to 20 minutes; if chilled, bake in a 325° oven until hot in the center, about 15 minutes - remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese, put back in the oven uncovered till cheese melts. Serve Hot!
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating6 people
I love this burrito, I usually make them all and then freeze what we don't eat, then zap them for another morning or snack... Great post!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Great, great post!! We love this too! They are delicious, and I have made just two at a time. Also, it is extra special for a breakfast to eat in car! Just wrap individually. Warm, and it's breakfast on the go. Covering with foil is the key, whether ...morerosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Sunny... now this is good... we also made these.. try them also with chorizo..and fresh minced jalapeno... my husband like those... I like yours..
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it