Beet SaladFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 pounds raw beets shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish shopping list
- 1 pinch allspice shopping list
- 1 pinch ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Place beets in a pot with enough water to cover them then bring to a boil and simmer 3 hours.
- Cool beets under cold running water then peel off skin and slice or dice to your preference.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil then stir in vinegar and spices and pour hot mixture over beets.
- Let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.