Cherry SquaresFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. almond flavouring shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 can cherry pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the shortening and sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and almond flavouring.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Save back a little more than one cup of batter.
- Spread the rest in an 11 x 17 inch greased pan.
- Spread the pie filling over the batter.
- Spoon the remaining one cup of batter in small islands over the cherry layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares when cool.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating7 people
Yum Lor!organicmama in loved it
I'd love this with a cup of tea anytime! Why wait for the holidays? Thank you for the recipe! It sounds delicious!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it