Killer Chicken Marsala with RiceFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 1 package skinless boneless chicken thighs (about 1.5 lbs) shopping list
- All purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or Smart Choice butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped or diced shopping list
- 1 medium size shallot, chopped or diced shopping list
- 1 cup imported dry marsala shopping list
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth shopping list
- fresh sage leaves (or powdered if need be) shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon chicken or turkey demi-glaze shopping list
- 1 cup rice, cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with salt, pepper and sage. Dust with flour; shake off excess. Melt 3 tablespoons Smart Choice butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken. Sauté until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Add onion and shallot, sauté for a couple minutes, until softened and starting to brown.
- Add Marsala and broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add chicken back to pan. Take a ¼ cup of the sauce out and mix the Demi-Glaze into it thoroughly. Add back to pan.
- Add a sprinkling of flour to sauce for thickening, Boil until sauce is reduced and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken and rice/noodles. Garnish with fresh sage leaves.
People Who Like This Dish 47
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating8 people
Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.chefmeow in Garland loved it
One of my all time favorite dishes. Marsala is a good thing. Thanks for the post, it's on the menu for next week!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This was so delicious! I'm not the best sauce and/or gravy cook, so I got the sauce all nice and thickened up with Wondra before I put the chicken back into it. I also cooked the chicken for 20 minutes. Served it over brown rice! This one is a ke...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it