Chorizo and Cheese QuesadillasFrom debra47 7 years ago
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
- 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 8 ounces cooked chorizo (sausage), outer casing removed or ham, diced shopping list
- 4 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 fresh green chilies, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 8 flour tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil, for brushing shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cheeses, chorizo, scallions, chilies, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix together.
- Divide the mixture between 4 flour tortillas then top with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush a large, nonstick skillet with oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add one quesadilla and cook, pressing down with a spatula for 4-5 minutes
- Underside should be crisp and lightly browned.
- Turn over and cook the other side until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Cook the remaining quesadillas individually.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters.
- Serve while still warm!
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating6 people
These sound great! I love quesadillas. We have a Mexican market near by and can get yummy Mexican cheeses and fantastic chorizo.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
When I was growing up, my best friend was portuguese and her mother made chorizo from scratch - to this day I just love it!sunny in Portland loved it
Whenever we go to the Spur Range Steakhouses I only order quesadillas. Love them. Ta 4 accepting my invite.tinadc in Cape Town loved it