Chicken Soup with Passatelli Chicken Soup with Italian DumplingsFrom flavorsofitaly 8 years ago
- 2 slices white bread, torn into rough chunks shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- I cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (I highly recommend parmigiano-Reggiano), plus more to pass at table shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 quarts prepared chicken stock shopping list
- 2 Tbl minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grind bread in food processor. Measure 1/2 cup bread crumbs onto a small baking sheet. Toast until lightly dried, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Combine bread crumbs, eggs, Parmesan, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Refrigerate mixture until firm, about 15 minutes. With moistened hands, roll tespoonfuls of bread mixture into grape-sized balls. Bring the stock to a boil in a large stockpot over medium heat, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Drop the dumplings into the gently simmering stock and cook until they float to the surface, and are cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in parsley, and adjust seasonings if necessary. Ladle soup and dumplings into bowls and serve immediately, passing extra cheese at the table.
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
The Rating4 people
Thanks for this. I have been looking for how to make a simple dumpling that wouldn't break down in the broth. I knew it was easy but I needed some confidence from someone that has done it.
I made a huge pot of turkey broth and needed som...moreotterpond in Orlando loved it
I love pissatelli soup. growing up my girlfriend's mom always made them during the holiday. i learned how to make them for my family. i was taught to put the dough through a meat grinder. i am from an all italian family,but by grandmother never made...morebuttercup21 in loved it