Chicken Soup with Passatelli Chicken Soup with Italian DumplingsFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- 2 slices white bread, torn into rough chunks shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- I cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (I highly recommend parmigiano-Reggiano), plus more to pass at table shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 quarts prepared chicken stock shopping list
- 2 Tbl minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grind bread in food processor. Measure 1/2 cup bread crumbs onto a small baking sheet. Toast until lightly dried, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Combine bread crumbs, eggs, Parmesan, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Refrigerate mixture until firm, about 15 minutes. With moistened hands, roll tespoonfuls of bread mixture into grape-sized balls. Bring the stock to a boil in a large stockpot over medium heat, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Drop the dumplings into the gently simmering stock and cook until they float to the surface, and are cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in parsley, and adjust seasonings if necessary. Ladle soup and dumplings into bowls and serve immediately, passing extra cheese at the table.
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
The Rating4 people
I love pissatelli soup. growing up my girlfriend's mom always made them during the holiday. i learned how to make them for my family. i was taught to put the dough through a meat grinder. i am from an all italian family,but by grandmother never made...morebuttercup21 in loved it
Thanks for this. I have been looking for how to make a simple dumpling that wouldn't break down in the broth. I knew it was easy but I needed some confidence from someone that has done it.
I made a huge pot of turkey broth and needed som...moreotterpond in Orlando loved it