Chick Chick Chicken TetrazziniFrom lor 8 years ago
- 3-4 cups cooked diced/chopped chicken breast shopping list
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked as directed on package shopping list
- Note: I use whole wheat pasta and I like to break my spaghetti in half. shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional) shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken or cream of celery soup can also be used) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine or sherry shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Note: I often saute a couple of ribs of celery along with 1 onion and toss that into the mixture. shopping list
How to make it
- Place spaghetti in a buttered 2-quart casserole. Spread chicken over spaghetti. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Combine soup, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, mayonnaise, sherry, and whipped cream. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Note: To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350° oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, toast in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and aromatic.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
Sounds great thanks for the post-Mamma and Pappa
will love it. me too!!!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I've been looking for a recipe like this. Thankslaadeedaa in loved it
I love Tetrazzini, But never had it this way before I am going to make it this way soon...looks very yummy :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it