Steamed Littleneck Clams in garlic and oilFrom pleclare 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse clams in cold water
- In lg pot,heat oil and saute onions and garlic 60 seconds.
- Add water or wine,clams and season to taste.
- Cover,steam till clams open,about 8-10 mins.
- Serve with melted butter and broth
- Note: I sometimes saute chopped prosciutto or chorizo with garlic and onion. Also,sometimes add chopped tomato at the end.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating9 people
You have won a place in my heart. I love steamers and wish every day that I could live in a place where I can get them fresh. We don't see them often here in the midwest but when I can find some little necks I will be using this recipe. YUM YUM! Than...moreflavors in Algonquin loved it
I love steamers... this is great.. Have to see if the store still has them!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I think this dish would do well as a spanish tapas also. It is so simple yet has great taste. Nothing like wine and garlic. Yummy!jencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!