White ChiliFrom kats_zoo 6 years ago
- 4 or 5 chicken breast (Boneless skinless)If not already cooked. Boil with Chicken flavors(poultry seasoning and about 4 or 5 chicken Bullio shopping list
- peppers : shopping list
- red chili shopping list
- 1 or 2 Sorenteno shopping list
- 1/4 red pepper shopping list
- 14 yellow shopping list
- 1 or 2 cherry peppers shopping list
- 1 large banna pepper Hot, sweet or both shopping list
- 1 Habinero Set aside shopping list
- 1-2 TLBSP cumin powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh crushed garlic (more if you like shopping list
- 1/4 c flour Resever 1/2 of it shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth (if you have left over homemadechicken soup you can use it) shopping list
- 2-4 TLBSP Veg. oil Depends on how many peppers you use. shopping list
- 1 48oz. jar Northern beans Rinse shopping list
- Granish: shopping list
- Shredded mexican cheese shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Nacho chips shopping list
- bread shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up peppers small. Save the seeds from hot peppers,set aside. In a large Dutch oven add oil and saute' pappers until soft.Turn down heat and slowly addd flour making a roue. Then start adding broth about a 1/2 c at a time. Keep stirring.Add rinsed beans. Add cumin, habinero for only about 10 min.then remove. If you like it a bit spicey add some of the seeds. Cut up chicken and add. Stir, Let simmer for about an hour. Stirring occasionaly.Do not let it stick.
- Note: If you have to make the chicken broth the same day boil for about 45 min.to an hour.
The Cookkats_zoo SCS, MI
The Rating4 people
With the days getting chillier here this sounds like a great to do dish. And healthy chili?? Never tried it with chicken.
Have a bit of duck left from last night and will try this and chicken broth is out of the freezer.
Only 2 for dinner tonight so it will be about re-figuring the recipe. Have an artisan black bread I bought this morning so looks like a perfect ...more
2 very happy tummies. Deep flavor from the duck and the heat was great. Next time going to try a smoked roasted chicken. Only change I made was extra sharp cheddar instead of the mexican. Nice flavor. And after an afternoon of cutting trees, it was s...more
- Not added to any groups yet!