Lebanese Sweet RiceFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 1 cup ground rice - easy to make your own. shopping list
- 5 cups cold water shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered aniseed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered fennel seed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered caraway seed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- Slivered toasted almonds for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Mix one cup of the cold water and the ground rice into a smooth paste. Stir in the sugar and all ingredients except the garnish
- In a heavy saucepan bring the remaining 5 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the rice mixture gradually, stir vigorously. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to boil again. Very much like making cream of wheat, the quicker you are the less lumps. = )
- Reduce heat to very low and simmer. Stir occasionally about 1 hour or until done.
- Transfer to individual dessert bowls and refrigerate. Serve chilled. Decorate with coconut or slivered almonds if desired.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!