Ginger PancakesFrom vanessa 7 years ago
- adaptated from The Homesick Texan blog
- and the Magnolia Cafe in Austin, Tx.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Half & Half shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter.
- Add the Half & Half, the eggs, the yogurt, and sugar and mix well. Sift together the dry ingredients. Combine the two gently and then judge if the batter is too thick. It should be thick but have some movement. I ended up adding another 1/2 cup of Half & Half.
- Cook them on a hot griddle or pan. I make a landing place of a cooling rack on a cookie sheet with a clean tea towel to keep them warm and I put them in an oven that was heated to the lowest temp and then turned off.
- Serve with maple syrup and toasted pecans. Enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookvanessa Middleton, WI
The Rating8 people
I love this recipepsy333che in Long Branch loved it
Made these this weekend. Everyone should make these. Very delish.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
I've been looking forward to trying this recipe and it doesn't disappoint. I really like the toasted pecans with these highly spiced cakes. I also found I liked them with Ginger Preserves from Trader Joes.dancegypsy67 in Nipomo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!