Chocolate Pie Ala Bishops CafeteriaFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1¾ cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup melted butter shopping list
- pie filling shopping list
- 3 ounce package instant French vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 3 ounce package instant chocolate Fudge pudding mix shopping list
- 1½ cups whole milk or half-and-half shopping list
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened (NOTE: if you prefer a darker chocolate pie, use chocolate ice cream) shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- 1 thick chocolate bar (such as Hershey’s 5 ounce bar), shaved, for garnish (NOTE: chocolate is easier to shave if it has been frozen for about 30 minutes before you begin) shopping list
How to make it
- For crust, combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar, and then add melted butter until well moistened.
- Press into bottom of 10 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and cool completely before filling.
- For filling, combine both pudding mixes with milk, using an electric mixer.
- Add softened ice cream and beat into pudding mixture.
- Pour filling into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Spread cool whip over filling.
- With a potato peeler, run blade down the side of chocolate bar to create chocolate shavings/curls for top of pie - you will not need to shave the whole candy bar, just enough “curls” to use as a nice garnish for the top.
- Cover pie and chill several hours before servings.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
LOOKS DEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIO-------SOOOOOOOOOOO, GOOD!recipediva in Philly loved it
OMG....YUM!!!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
wow Krum this sounds awsome gotta make it soon print and saved thanks buddymomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it