All About TrifleFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- *BASIC RECIPE shopping list
- 1 thawed pound cake, cut into cubes shopping list
- 2 packages of your favorite pudding mixes, prepared according to instructions. (sugar-free works well!) 4 ounce packages shopping list
- 2 containers of thawed Cool Whip or freshly whipped heavy cream shopping list
- 1 - 2 packages of cookies of your choice, chopped or crumbled shopping list
- *See below for Trifles using pies shopping list
How to make it
- Using half of your pound cake cubes, sprinkle them in the bottom of your glass bowl or trifle bowl.
- Spoon one of your pudding mixes over the cubes, layering it completely over the cake.
- Sprinkle a layer of your choice of cookies over the pudding.
- Add a layer of Cool Whip.
- Continue to layer until you either have used up your ingredients or stop layering when you feel your bowl has enough inside of it.
- Top with Cool Whip and then sprinkle with a very light layer of your cookies crumbs.
- Refrigerate or serve.
- See other recipes for Brownie Trifle, Pumpkin Trifle, Black Forest Trifle, Lemon Trifle and Chocolate Heaven Trifle
- **Pie Trifle!!!
- Your favorite frozen pie, thawed (cook it and cool it)
- A favorite pudding, prepared
- Whipped Cream
- chopped candy bars, dried fruits, nuts, chopped chocolate
- (If you don't think that this is a good idea for a trifle, please look at Rosemaryblue's recipe for the Turtle Trifle.)
- The idea is to take any prepared dessert item such as a frozen pie like a Pecan Pie which you either cook and cool. If the directions on the pie require only that you thaw it out, then do so and cut the pie into cubes. Layer the pie with whipped cream, additional pecans, caramel sauce, fudge sauce, whipped cream and some mascarpone cheese.
- If you took a Coconut Cream pie and did the same, you could layer it with vanilla or coconut pudding, whipped cream, additional coconut and some chopped "MOUNDS" BARS for the top.
- How about a Peanut Butter Pie trifle? A thawed chocolate cream or peanut butter pie, cubed, layered with chocolate pudding, chopped Reeses Peanut Butter candies, some chopped salted peanuts, -whipped cream and some Reeses M &M - style of candy sprinkled on top.. You'd have every kid in town in love with this one and what a great dessert for a Halloween party served in a huge turkey pan!
- Lemon Cream Pie Trifle... A thawed lemon meringue pie or cream pie, cubed, layered with extra lemon curd and whipped cream or Cool Whip, some Nilla wafers or lemon wafers topped with whipped cream and some finely chopped lemon drops.. sprinkle with some lemoncello for the adults..oh my!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating1 people
Absolutely wonderful post! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it