Scalloped Potatoes with Three CheesesFrom elaina253 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup (packed) grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cup crumbled Danish blue cheese (about 4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/3 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan (about 1 1/4 ounces) shopping list
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (§ stick) butter shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Mix cheddar cheese, blue cheese and Parmesan in small bowl.
- Arrange half of potatoes in prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle onion over, then flour. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle half of cheese mixture over. Top with remaining potatoes, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons butter. Reserve remaining cheese.
- Bring milk to simmer in medium saucepan. Pour milk over potatoes (milk will not cover potatoes completely). Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover dish (liquids in dish may look curdled); sprinkle potatoes with reserved cheese mixture. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and cheese is deep golden brown, about 45 minutes longer. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Cover and rewarm in 375°F oven about 20 minutes.) Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookelaina253 Federal Way, WA
The Rating4 people
Sounds Fantastic!! Will be trying this one!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I have made scolloped potatoes many times but with your version sounds so much better, love the blue cheese. I will have make your dish very very soon. Well done. Thank you.unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
I like the additions of the other cheeses in this good idea.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it