Baked Fish Au Gratin Topped With Crunchy Bacon StuffingFrom hotmamajeni 8 years ago
- 4-6 pieces white fish shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsps flour shopping list
- 2 tbsps butter shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- One handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 -1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 pieces bacon, cute into little pieces shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 white or y ellow onion, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place fish in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper
- Bake uncovered for about 15-20 minutes
- In a saute pan brown the bacon until is almost done then add the onion and cook until the until are tender and the bacon is crispy.
- Do not remove all the bacon grease. You can remove some, but leave about half.
- Add the bread crumbs and the parsley to the bacon/onion mixture and mix until it is all coated and crumbly. Set aside.
- While fish is baking add butter and flour to a sauce pan over medium heat and whisk together allowing the butter and flour to cook together for about a minute.
- Whisk in the milk and let cook until sauce begins to get thick. Add salt and pepper.
- Add cheese to the sauce and stir till cheese is melted.
- Remove fish from oven and pour cheese sauce over fish and then put the bacon mixture on top of that.
- Continue baking for another 10-15 minutes or until fish is done and topping is crunchy.
The Cookhotmamajeni Burnsville, MN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!