Deep Fried Apple RingsFrom putercop 8 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3 medium baking apples shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In medium mixing bowl mix flour, cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl beat together milk and egg.
- Gradually add to flour mixture, beating with fork until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Peel and core apples. Cut crosswise into rings, 1/4-inch thick.
- In deep fryer, heat 1-1/2 to 2 inches Butter Flavor Crisco to 375°F.
- Dip apple slices in batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- Fry a few at a time in hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes (don;t crown them or they will steam and not get crispy), or until golden brown turning frequently.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dredge in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in 175°F oven.