Spanakopita Spinach PieFrom ivy 7 years ago
- 1 kilo fresh spinach rinsed and squeezed shopping list
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 small shallots (optional if you like them) finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh dill shopping list
- ½ cup olive oil shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup anthotyro cheese or ricotta cheese (soft unsalted cheese) shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 small fresh cream (light) shopping list
- Dough (see recipe for pumpkin pies - Kolokotes– double dose) shopping list
How to make it
- We prepare dough for pies (see recipe) and let it rest for 30 minutes or more, covering with a clean napkin.
- Wash spinach and all other herbs. Put spinach in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and leave it for a while, but be careful not to put too much because we will not wash it away. After a while we squeeze spinach to remove its fluids. When it’s done we add all the herbs finely chopped and add eggs, cheese, oil (saving some to oil tin and pie on top), the pepper and fresh cream. We mix well.
- Pass the dough in the machine 1, 3, 4, and then cut it in two 25 cm. pieces each which join together to stick and make a bigger square piece. Place on one side plenty of filling and roll up pressing at the edges so that filling doesn’t fall out. When finish rolling twist both edges in opposite direction and pull a little to fit in a 40 Χ 30 Χ 5 oiled tin. If you use a round tin start in the middle and give it a spiral shape. Repeat until you fill up the tin. Brush with oil and preheat oven at 180 ο. Bake until a nice golden colour is achieved. An easies way is to put one phyllo below and one above. Brush with oil and carve superficially to triangular pieces. In this case do not double dose.
- Bon appetite!
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating7 people
one of my favourite recipes!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it