Spanish Homemade Pork PateFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
How to make it
- Arrange lard in a medium pan on low heat. When it is almost dissolved add the liver and garlic cloves. Let cook five to ten minutes or until liver is done and no pink remains. Turn heat off and let it cool for some minutes.
- Process cooked liver and garlic cloves with 1 cup of the liquid lard until it resembles a rough paté or a smooth cream, depending on how you like. I prefer the rough kind. If too dry to process, just add a little more of the liquid lard.
- Return mixture to the pan and mix well with the remaining lard. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly, adding more salt if needed.
- Pour on clean glass jars with lid, let it cool, close tightly and refrigerate. When cold, a layer of solid lard will form on top of the mixture, helping the paté to preserve in good conditions for a long period.
- It will keep fresh for about two months.
- Spread the paté with a little amount of the lard on hot slices of baguette style bread, toasted or grilled.