Pumpkin CakeFrom cakelady 6 years ago
- 4 C canned pumpkin shopping list
- 6 C sugar (turbinado is the best) shopping list
- 2 C canola oil shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 6 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (use cinnamomum cassia for best results) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg (fresh ground is better, but not necessary) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 10 inch bundt pans (or use the baking spray with flour in it.....works great)
- Blend pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Into another large bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Add the dry to the wet and incorporate well, making sure to scrape the bowl, until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured bundt pans.
- Bake around an hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until cake is 165 degrees in the middle and tests clean.
- The top will be golden and the sides will pull away slightly.
- The top should be firm to the touch and bounce back when gently pressed in.
- Allow cakes to cool for 5 minutes before releasing from pans.
- Cool completely before icing.