Prosciutto Wrapped AsparagusFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 100 asparagus spears (5 pounds), trimmed to 6-inch length shopping list
- 100 thin slices provolone cheese (4-1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1-3/4 pounds thinly sliced prosciutto shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups olive oil shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper shopping list
- Fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Place one-fourth of the asparagus spears in a steamer basket. Place in a large skillet with one inch boiling water. Cover and steam for 4 minutes. Remove asparagus from steamer basket. Repeat with remaining asparagus, steaming 1/4 at a time.
- Wrap one cheese slice and then a half slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear. Arrange wrapped asparagus in two 3-quart rectangular baking dishes, layering as necessary. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pepper; shake well to mix. Drizzle half of the dressing over each dish. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange on a serving platter. If desired, wrap each roll with a chive and tie.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating7 people
You all will love these, everyone at our reception did and of course, so did I, lol. Please come back and let me know how you liked them once you made them.dariana in loved it
Oh so good! Great postshirleyoma in Cove loved it
Having a huge get together the first weekend of May. This will definetly be there!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!