Publick House Clam Chowder New EnglandFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 1/4 pound finely diced salt pork shopping list
- 1 quart clams with juice shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 4 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3 cups diced potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the salt pork and render it in a sauce pan. Reserve the cracklings.
- Saute the onion in the fat until golden. Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes for 10 minutes then remove the potatoes from the stock.
- To the stock, add chopped clams and juice and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add milk, cracklings, potatoes, onion, butter, salt and pepper to the stock and heat for 2 minutes, DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve hot in soup bowls with Oyster crackers.
- Note: This recipe is an old fashioned original New England recipe from the Publick House, Strutbridge, Massachusetts.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating2 people
Perfect!mamalou in Attleboro loved it