Chicken MarsalaFrom pat2me 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry marsala or dry sherry shopping list
- Hot cooked pasta, such as capellini or linguine (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow bowl stir together flour, marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- Place a chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick .
- Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- Lightly coat chicken on both sides with flour mixture; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms and green onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat until tender; remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet cook chicken in remaining 2 tablespoons butter for 5 to 6 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Remove skillet from heat. Return mushrooms and green onion to skillet. Carefully add broth and Marsala to skillet. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Season sauce to taste with additional salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken. If desired, serve over pasta.
- Makes 4 servings
- Veal Marsala: Prepare as directed above except, substitute 12 ounces veal scallopini for the chicken. Cook the veal in the 2 tablespoons hot butter for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown, turning once halfway through cooking time. If necessary, cook half of the veal at a time. Continue as directed in step 3.